This blog describes in words and pictures the building of a Paul Gartside designed fantail launch. There are a number of fantail launches of various sizes on the Paul Gartside website at http://store.gartsideboats.com/collections/steam-launches.

My boat will look like his 20 foot steam launch but will be 18 feet long and will be powered by a small diesel or petrol engine or possibly an electric motor. I have built a rowing boat, one and a half sailing boats and a small canoe and so this will be something different.

If you would like to contact me please click to send me an email.

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Taking Shape

Reached another small milestone today when I put the last plank, in the first layer, on the stern. It is beginning to take shape and starting to look like a fantail launch. Three photos give some idea of the shape.




From some angles it looks as if there are some hills and hollows that shouldn't be there. I need to check by bending a fairing batten over the hull but the thought of doing that makes me a bit nervous! What do I do about them if they are there?





No comments:

Post a Comment