This blog describes in words and pictures the building of a Paul Gartside designed fantail launch. There are a number of fantail launches of various sizes on the Paul Gartside website at http://store.gartsideboats.com/collections/steam-launches.

My boat will look like his 20 foot steam launch but will be 18 feet long and will be powered by a small diesel or petrol engine or possibly an electric motor. I have built a rowing boat, one and a half sailing boats and a small canoe and so this will be something different.

If you would like to contact me please click to send me an email.

Thursday 17 December 2015

A Milestone!

Here are a couple of photos showing where the planking is up to. I put the last couple of planks on the stern, starboard side, this morning. Moved the tools round to the port side ready for the next few days work. Remember that the boat is upside down so you have to be careful about which is port and starboard!



No comments:

Post a Comment