This blog describes in words and pictures the building of a Paul Gartside designed fantail launch. There are a number of fantail launches of various sizes on the Paul Gartside website at http://store.gartsideboats.com/collections/steam-launches.

My boat will look like his 20 foot steam launch but will be 18 feet long and will be powered by a small diesel or petrol engine or possibly an electric motor. I have built a rowing boat, one and a half sailing boats and a small canoe and so this will be something different.

If you would like to contact me please click to send me an email.

Saturday 20 February 2016

I Have Plywood, BUT........

The ply wood finally came off the production line.


Don't worry about the rust bucket of a trailer; the wheel bearings are OK and the lights work. Good quality rust holds it all together!

Interesting how the plywood is packed: there are 4 large pieces of 12mm thick coated particle board that will eventually be put to good use (frames for the next boat maybe - arghhh, did I actually say that), a large sheet of white plastic (useful when painting) and a 2.2x1.2m sheet of cardboard (for making patterns). All this extra looks like useful "free" stuff but I guess I'm paying for it, sigh.

The BUT in the title of this post is because I have shingles! Any form of exertion is out of the question so, again or still, boat building is not on my agenda.


No comments:

Post a Comment