This blog describes in words and pictures the building of a Paul Gartside designed fantail launch. There are a number of fantail launches of various sizes on the Paul Gartside website at http://store.gartsideboats.com/collections/steam-launches.

My boat will look like his 20 foot steam launch but will be 18 feet long and will be powered by a small diesel or petrol engine or possibly an electric motor. I have built a rowing boat, one and a half sailing boats and a small canoe and so this will be something different.

If you would like to contact me please click to send me an email.

Friday 20 November 2020

Gone to a New Home.

 

After doing no work on the launch for over 2 years I had to accept that I wasn't going to finish the project. I simply ran out of time and energy. Here she is heading off to her new home.



1 comment:

  1. Major bummer you couldn't finish it. But you have to admit it looks great! I plan on trying to build one of these as well, and your work log here is inspiring! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete